According to Jose Maldonado, he was in the fields of Guadalajara, looking for guavas to chuck at his friends (no, I don't know why, but it is part of his story), when he found a freakin' fairy!
No, no hay un joto - una hada - Jose claims he found and captured a fairy. Como Tinkerbell. He said he even ripped off her leg when he tried to stand her up. And he is taking a "voluntary" donation from people lining up to see the corpse of the fairy in a little jar of morfon (I think it's formaldehyde). The line is out the door and down the street.
Okay, I watched the video. I have some questions:
1. Why is the fairy White? I mean, even the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Juan Diego as una mestiza, having the physical appearance of the local people in the area. So, why wouldn't a Mexican fairy look, well, Mexican?
2. Why is she wearing Tinkerbell's clothes and sporting Tinkerbell's hairstyle? Bitch is a poser, I tell you . . .
3. If he tore her leg off, how did he manage to reattach it seamlessly?
4. A fairy godmother? How did he even know she was Catholic?
5. How much does the local government spend on schooling in that town?
6. Why is this on the news if only to show people can be idiots?
7. And when is he going to throw it off the bridge? I'm guessing when no one shows up any more with pesos in hand to see it.