Today is the first day of the February examination for the California State Bar. Here is my advice for anyone taking it for the next 3 days:
1. Stop studying. If you don't know, make it up.
2. Don't talk to other people about the exam. Talk about something else. How do you think the Angels are gonna do this year.
3. Remember to breathe. And wear deodorant, although it will give out in about five minutes after the exam begins. Don't worry about the smell - everyone else is doing the same thing.
4. Use highlighters if you are writing. Highlight the IRAC portions of your essay - answers that make a bar grader's work easier tend to pass.
5. It is not a one-time deal. If you don;t pass, see you in July.
GOOD LUCK - BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE WHO ARE ALREADY ATTORNEYS WANT YOU TO PASS AND JOIN OUR GROUP!