Since 2000, Mugabe's controversial land reform program has driven more than 4,000 commercial farmers off their land, destroying Zimbabwe's once prosperous agricultural sector.
"When the land reform program began, we decided we were not going to have a confrontational attitude; that we would actually go along with this program because it was the only way that this whole thing would be sorted out. So I voluntarily gave away my own farm and moved onto my father-in-law's farm," Lock said.
That was in 2002. A year later the government came knocking on his door again, he said, demanding more land.
Lock told CNN he eventually gave up 70 percent of his father-in-law's farm, which he then owned. Now an army general is demanding Lock's remaining 30 percent.
[Obama] had pledged $73-million (R565m) in additional support for Zimbabwe's people after meeting Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai in June, and the US would continue to explore ways to help further "without empowering the forces of repression".
Asked what he thought of African leaders who wanted to change their country's constitution to remain president for longer, Obama echoed what he had told the Ghanaian parliament in July: "Africa doesn't need strongmen; it needs strong institutions."
So, what was his answer again?
$5 says he shakes Mugabe's hand at the United Nations this week!