Okay, can we set the record straight? Joe Biden was born in Scranton, PA but moved to Delaware when he was 10 years old and lived a nice life as the son of a prosperous car dealer. If I hear one more comment from him trying to associate himself with the coal miners of Pennsylvania, I will start screaming. Sarah Palin does use folksy phrases - you betcha - but they don't come across as fake because they are not - she has used them all her life and her family and friends in rural Alaska use them as well.
And I'm darn right on that.
Overall, I think both candidates did well, but I hand the trophy to Sarah. Both dipped into rhetoric but if you are wondering who made the stronger connection to the listening public, it was her. I will say this - I found this debate much better than the Presidential debates. In fact, can I just vote Sarah in as President?
- Wow. How disenfranchised is the gay community feeling now? Glad to see both sides are against gay marriage.
- Readjust the principal on loans? Is he nuts?
- I loved it when she corrected Joe - "The chant is 'drill, baby, drill.'"
- You would think with his scratch, Joe could get a better set of bridgework. His teeth were so . . . fake.
- Loved her suit and hair. Not so much the makeup.
- "Say it ain't so, Joe." Heh.
- Both of them ran over Ifil. She became irrelevant early on.