Last day in Tennessee and the Digidaughter and I are going to go and visit "Old Hickory's" plantation before getting on a Southwest flight. I will be back to blogging tomorrow but while there is no one standing behind me looking pissed at the Drury Inn's one Internet connection, just want to put down some quick thoughts:
- Southern food is marvelous. Southern food is great. In Memphis, I had three straight days of BBQ. I need some Metamucil.
- Who buys an annual pass to Graceland? And yet, it is available.
- Civility is not dead - it is alive in Tennessee.
- Seeing a sign, "Tornado Shelter" in a mall is a sobering thought.
- Animals are smart in Tennessee - minimum road kill along the sides of the highways. But a good number of roadside memorial crosses that make you wonder about the humans.