Update: In the com-box for this post, there was a brief discussion about my affectation for esoteric music - that is, crap no one else has heard of (I remember once my sister going through my CDs and saying, "'Jane's Addiction', 'Mary's Danish' . . . Stephanie's problem.").
So, for your viewing pleasure, this is where I found one of my favorite songs, "The F Word". Gordon Ramsey . . . he can come whip my souffle anytime!
Ah, the fast food of blogging - a meme. This one hails from snowy Utah via Orthometer, whose comment, "Everyone who loves Jesus is tagged. You do love Jesus don't you?" seems like a throw-down to me. Ya can't hide behind that piece of plastic, Fadduh, I'll meet your challenge!
1. Do you wear a name tag at work? No, but I am called "Estephanie the Liar" there. This resulted from a South American client who tagged an extra vowel onto the front of my name and, because English was not their native language, pronounced the word "lawyer" such that it sounded like "liar." So if I had to wear a name tag, it would say, "Liar."
2. What kind of car do you drive? Subaru Forester.
3. What do you order when you go to Taco Bell? 2 bean burritos, usually with green sauce. If I want tacos, ese, I go to a real taqueria, which ain't too hard to find in Santa Ana. Tacos gabachos se servien a Taco Bell.
4. Have you ever had a garage sale? Yes, and a successful one at that, although the backhoe unfortunately did take half the family room when the buyer came to pick up the garage. Don't ask what happened when I had a yard sale . . . Southern California Edison is still pissed over their lines getting torn out.
5. What color is your iPod? Black.
6. What kind of dog do you have? A Pembroke Welsh Corgi! Sure, if you're not the swiftest kid on the block, a more narcoleptic breed like, say, ooh, English Bulldogs, might be more your speed, but for intelligence and personality, nothing beats those fun-loving, control freak, furred speed bumps known as Corgis (or, to be correct with the plural in the Welsh language, Corgyn).
I also have a time share on a Standard Schanuzer. If you're new to this blog, don't ask.
7. What's for dinner tonight? Meatloaf.
8. What was the last alcoholic beverage you had? An Australian wine, called "The Ballbuster". If you see it, buy it.
9. Stupidest thing you ever did with your cell phone? Used it instead of a lighter at a concert.
10. Last time you were sick? December 13th - 15th, 2007. Plague.
11. How long is your hair? Just past my shoulders.
12. Are you happy right now? Relatively so.
13. What did you say last? Look how happy you've made Lou.
14. Who came over last? Kid from down the block.
15. Do you drink beer? Are you serious with this question? To quote Benjamin Franklin, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." For additional evidence of God's blessing upon the hops, visit here.
16. Have your brothers or sisters ever told you that you were adopted? No. Once I asked my Dad if I was, and he just laughed and said, "Look at me, then go look at your mother, and then go take a long look in the mirror, kid." He had a point - there was just something where a person would think, there's one of them Martin kids, don't know which one, but you can tell . . .
17. What is your favorite key chain on your keys? The only one, which is a green stretchy plastic coil.
18. What did you get for graduation? Heatstroke, sitting outside in full sun, in late May, in Southern California, with black robe and hoods, listening to some git blather on about the sanctity of the law - a speech so memorable I cannot even remember who spoke.
19. What's in your pocket? Cell phone, set on "high and vibrate." Ooh, baby!
20. Who introduced you to Dane Cook? I haven't a clue as to who he or she is.
21. Has someone ever made you a Build-A-Bear? Nope.
22. What DVD is in your DVD player? My kids watch the DVDs, and I think it's the last Fantastic Four movie.
23. What's something fun you did today? Went to work.
24. Who is/was the principal of your high school? Monsignor Breheny (I don't know if I got the spelling correct), but The Man was the dean of students, Mr. Robert Baisley. Cardinal Spellman HS, Bronx, Class of '78!
25. Has your house ever been TP'd? No.
26. What do you think of when you hear the word "meow"? Stacy London.
27. What are you listening to right now? "All My Little Words" by The Magnetic Fields.
28. Drinking? No, but I had my requisite cup o' Joe earlier.
29. What is your favorite aisle at Wal-Mart? I try not to go there. Love the corporation's philosophy and business practices, but I find it's like entering a retail Hooverville.
30. When is your Mom's birthday? December 16th, same as Beethoven.
31. When is your birthday? April 26th, same as John James Audubon.
Number 27 above must be changed to "It's Martini Time" by the Reverand Horton Heat.
32. What is the area code for your cell phone? 714.
33. Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing right now? Target.
34. Is there anything hanging from your rear view mirror? Nope.
35. How many states in the US have you been to? Let's see - NY, NJ, MA, CT, PA, MD, DE, GA, VA, KY, TN, FL, LA, MS, TX, OK, NM, CO, MN, WI, KS, NB, WY, SD, UT, NV, CA, OR, WA, HI, AZ, MO, NC, IL, OH. I think I got 'em all!
36. What kind of milk do you drink? I go crazy with 2%. I see you're drinking 1% milk, Is that because you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could drink whole milk if you wanted to.
37. What are you going to do after this? Shower.
38. Who was the last person you went shopping with? The Digidaughter.
39. What is your favorite fruit? Nathan Lane.
40. What is your favorite dessert? I'm with Fr. Erik on this - bread pudding!
41. What is something you need to go shopping for? More fresh vegetables.
Okay, let me change Number 27 above - "This Magic Moment" done by Lou Reed. Lou Reed!
42. Do you have the same name as one of your relatives? No, else I could wind up with a name like Leona, Apolonia, or Elzbieta.
43. What kind of car does one of your siblings drive? Saturn.
44. Do you like pickles? Yes, especially Ba-Tampte Half Sours. Nu, spend a nickeleh for a pickeleh . . .
Alright, Number 27 above should now read "God is Here Tonight" by The Beat Farmers. This song is Flannery O'Conneresque with its lyrics.
45. How about olives? How about them? Best stuffed with something like garlic and lying on the bottom of a martini.
46. What is your favorite kind of gum? I am not really fond of gum.
47. What is your favorite kind of juice? Cranberry, and not necessarily for - *ahem* - feminine reasons . . . (guys, if you don't know, cranberry juice is a great way to prevent UTIs).
48. Do you have any tan lines? No, my burqa prevents them.
49. What hospital were you born in? Union Hospital, right off of Fordham Road, in the Bronx - the Bronx, baby!
Number 27 above - yeah, I'm changing it as the music does - "The Face of Love" by Eddie Vedder and Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, done for the film "Dead Man Walking."
Fr. Erik tagged all the Jesus Freaks ("out in the streets/handing tickets out for God"), Angela Messenger tagged people with vowels in their names (so the Welsh can't play), and Karen tagged anyone who doesn't mind making an ass of themselves, so to that I will add anyone who can recognize the reference in Number 36 above. Extra points if you also recognize any of the songs I have mentioned or can name the song referenced in this paragraph.