I have heard memes desribed as the candy floss of blogging, but Father Dim over at The Spirit of Vatican 2 "catholic" Faith Community tagged me with this one.
1. Habit. When I am barefoot, I walk on my tippy-toes. I have done that ever since I was naught but a wee Digichild and unconsciously do it when the hoes and socks come off.
2. Fact. I have never touched a fish. With the good grace of God, I never will. I have a fear of dead fish and even live ones make me skittish. As an example, I do not go into the section of pet shops with all of the fish tanks for fear that I will see one - usually the damned goldfish - with dead fish floating. This is why I prefer to swim in well-lit, chlorinated swimming pools - lakes, rivers, and oceans are alive with fish, one of which might with all malice aforethought swim up and wiggle around my legs, causing instant shock and death.
3. Habit. When I make the Sign of the Cross, I murmur it in Polish, just as my maternal grandmother taught me. I do it as a way of honoring her. If you are with me in a setting where we are being led in prayer by a priest, no, I am not correcting Father under my breath when we get to that part. Now, if he would just do it in Polish, then I wouldn't do it . . .
4. Fact. I find circuses and ballet boring. For that same reason, I would chew off my arm before I allowed myself to be subjected to watching the musical, "Cats," which I thought simply sucked . . .
5. Habit. I use my late father's expressions. Again, as with my grandmother, I do so in honor of him. So, as an example, when somebody tells me, "Well, Attorney So-and-So wants . . . ", I reply, "Yeah, well people in Hell want ice water but they ain't getting any." Or, when someone asks me how it's going, I say, "Tips and all, since I got off the boat - not bad." And whenever someone boasts about something not-too-spectacular, I remind them, "That and a buck-and-a-quarter gets you on the subway." When I need a fictional character, I always cite Harvey Keck. Who was Harvey Keck? Mrs. Keck's baby boy. Trust me, ya hadda be there to understand that last one.
6. Fact. I hate milk with cold cereal and will eat it either dry or with plain yogurt. Yeah, I know yogurt is just curdled milk. Work with me on this, okay?
7. Habit. I like to undo my seatbelt sneakily in planes when we've landed and are taxing to the gateway, just to be a rebel.
8. Fact. I am 5'6" with a size 11 shoe. The "S" does not stand for "Stephanie", but "Sasquatch." Don't ask me how I got such big, ol' Bozo the Clown feet. They were a mere size 10 until I had children, at which point they grew to size 11 and stayed there. Eventually, I'll just buy the shoe boxes and lace them up. On the plus side, I save on ski rentals since I don't need any.
I gotta tag eight people? How about anyone who knows what I mean when I say, "The Dude abides . . ."